Monday, June 08, 2009

I'm Back!!

It's my first official day of Summer Vacation. I'll try to do a better job of blogging. I read others' every day and feel like I almost know them. But, I'm really bad at keeping up with mine. It's not that I don't have enough time. I'm not any busier that the others ladies who blog every day. I just have a hard time putting down my thoughts, sometimes. If you knew how verbally expressive I am, you might be laughing out loud with that last statement.

Anyway, I'm resting up after the last hectic weeks of school and having attended/helped with some high school graduation parties. Last weekend, I helped a good friend with her grandson's party. This weekend (yesterday) I helped with my brother's step-daughter's party. Both of them were in the same graduating class. Their school colors are blue and red. My kitchen is red and white, so I have a lot of red "extra" serving pieces that work well with these events. I love to entertain, so I have a lot of other things, as well, that I share when asked.

I, also, take request for favorite foods and fix them for events. For Storm's party, I fixed 2 huge pans of Baked Hash Browns, which has led to the request for them at another party this coming weekend. For my nieces' party, I fixed (her specific request...I CAN'T turn a kid down!) potato salad, a huge cheese ball, and a Sloppy Pineapple Cake. I made this same cheese ball for her 16th birthday party and made it into a big "16". I wasn't as creative yesterday. I figured my 2009 would look weird, so it was just a big oval cheese ball covered with chopped pecans. I threw in another cheese ball that, she didn't ask for but liked, was made with confectioner's sugar and chocolate bits. You eat it on graham crackers instead of salty ones. Very good, I must say.

We received 4 grad party invites this year; two last Saturday and 2 were yesterday. I hate it when things are at the same time!! My cousin's daughter's party was 60 miles away from here at almost the same time as my niece's. I really helped a lot with setting up my niece's and fixing the food, so I couldn't make it to the other one. I hate that.......I love to visit family and friends and want to go to them all! I sent a check and card with our regrets, but it's not the same.

Enough of my randomness........Have a great day! I've got to accomplish SOMETHING this first day of vacation! Even, if it's wrong :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home