Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"If the Lord Don't Come and the Creeks Don't Rise"

Well, the creeks were waaaaay up this morning! With 4-5 inches of snow melting in less than 48 hours and 2 1/2 inches of rain last night, there was a lot of flooding all around us. I've never seen water on Route 41 like I did this morning. The truth is, I am a chicken! I am especially afraid of high water. No one should ever worry about me driving into it. So, there were a few areas that really scared me today.

Did I mention that I'm a chicken? I don't like to even be near raging water. It was right beside the road most of the 9 miles to Peebles and was over into my lane in a couple of places. I wasn't surprised that several students were absent due to buses not being able to run their complete routes. I have a little girl who has to cross a swinging foot bridge in front of her house. Needless to say, I was sooooo relieved when she wasn't there today. I shiver just thinking about her being on that thing.

The waters had receded by this afternoon. It's very sobering to see the traces of where the water had been, though. They are certainly not the "signs of spring" I was hoping for.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Hello there! So nice to meet you! Thank you for the sweet comment. : )

8:21 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh my goodness!! We DO have a lot in common. Teaching 5th grade makes us SOUL sisters! : )

5:40 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Thank you for delurking to comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much when my readers take time to share their thoughts with me. :o)

Hope you have a happy, joyous and blessed Christmas.

Hugs,

Diane

11:40 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

You should show off some of your scrapbook pages!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like a lot of flooding! I wouldn't like to have to drive in it either!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home