Friday, January 01, 2010

Can You Believe It's 2010???

Wow! Has it been 10 years since we were all concerned about Y2K and how everything was going to be all messed up when the clock struck midnight on 2000? Life just went right on, didn't it? I'll bet the computer geeks who sold all of those converter programs in 1999 are still laughing!

2009 is history. I turned 50 in '09. Time has certainly flown by.

My youngest child, my baby, will graduate from high school this year. It seems like only yesterday that I figured up the year that he would turn 18 and it seemed so far away.

I honestly cannot think of another event in my life that feels any more "bittersweet" than these 2 things. Somehow, I thought that I would feel much older than this. I'm kidding, of course. Some days I feel much older than 50.

I need the Lord's help daily with keeping a positive outlook on things. So with that in mind, I plan to look forward to:

my son's 18th birthday
his graduation and party
our 30th wedding anniversary

There will be plenty of other events to plan and participate in which is fine with me. I LOVE these kind of things! 2010 looks like another great year, already!

Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cherdecor said...

Happy New Year to you and to your family, Terri. It sounds like it is going to be a busy year for you with planning a lot of parties. Have lots of fun and take lots of pictures.

Big Hugs,
Cheryl

2:07 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Happy New Year, Terri!

I had a little crisis when Jessica graduated, but the Lord saw me through it.

Have a great new week!

Love and hugs,

Diane

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home