Saturday, August 11, 2007

Puttin' On the Ritz!

On Saturday, our little town is hosting it's 5th annual festival, the Brushcreek All-American Festival. There are several events planned for the day. This year, they have added a 5 K Run/Walk. Wouldn't you know, the route for the this goes right around my house. There are streets on 3 sides of my house, so the participants will be almost circling my house. So........I spent most of Friday evening tidying up a bit in the lawn and flower beds.

Since it is so hot, I thought it would be a great idea to place the lawn sprinkler in the street for them to run through. Mike said no. I make a really mean sweet tea. Maybe a pit stop with sweet tea? Mike said no, again; he has no sense of adventure.

Other events include an antique tractor show and parade, baking contest, lunch featuring pork from a hog roast (guys have been cooking this for 2 days/nights in a pit), a corn hole tournament, a little Miss/Mr. contest, a visit from Miami Valley Hosp.'s Care Flight helicopter, etc. There are other things going on and many things from various vendors to sell.

I love how our little town "steps up" for this event. It's like everyone has their place dressed up in its' Sunday best. My small part will be as cashier for the lunch line. I enjoy it. I will get to see almost everyone who is there. It will be small-town fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cherdecor said...

It sounds like fun! Who was the organizer?

7:06 AM  
Blogger boomama said...

That sounds like my kind of fun.

And you should totally offer sweet tea to the runners. I think it's a brilliant idea. :-)

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home