Saturday, June 30, 2007

Here Comes the Bride....

As I've said before, being the Mother-of-the-Groom is sooo different from being the Mother-of-the-Bride. From the very beginning of their engagement, I have offered to help in any way I can. Something I saw at a friend's wedding was a table with various family member's wedding photos on it. I thought that it was so sweet to connect the "old with the new". There were so many things to do as the MOB for my daughter's wedding, I just could not get it together to organize pictures for her wedding. So.....I asked my future daughter-in-law if I could do this for their wedding. She said, "Sure!" Wasn't that nice of her to humor me?

Anyway, I have bought a new white tablecloth, tulle, tiny silver rings, pearls, and place cards. I have several silver-ish frames of many sizes. I want them to be varied sizes; I think that will give a better effect. I am SO EXCITED about these pictures! I have 10 so far with a few others to be copied before they are framed. I'll try to post a picture of my final display. Most of the people in the pics are still alive, just much older. A few of our loved ones have passed away but having played such important roles in our lives, "including" them is special, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home