Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Did you notice? I "found" the post that was missing. It appeared on my blog at the same time as the "testing" one did. I was thrilled that it wasn't really lost but makes me wonder about how reliable my blogging abilities are. My blog should be titled "Amateur".

Anyway, I will probably mention wedding activities frequently for the next few weeks. My son is getting married in 35 days. There are numerous differences about 35 days before my son's wedding and 35 days before my daughter's. It's like comparing a friendly game of tackle football in the back yard to the Super Bowl. The expectations for the MOG pales in comparison to being the MOB. I don't think that I could possibly list all of the things that I did for months prior to her wedding. The list should include all of the things that my mother did as well. It was expensive and exhausting but worth every cotton-pickin' little detail. "A" was a beautiful bride and it was a beautiful wedding.

Here is my list of things to do as the MOG:
1) Make reservations for the rehearsal dinner. (done)
2) Make hotel reservations for grandparents and us. (done)
3) Make sure that the groom, father of the groom, and best
man (other son) have tuxes ordered. (done)
4) Have a shower for bride and groom in our hometown
(will be on June 24th).
5) Buy my outfit, shoes, accessories, etc. (done)
6) Help bride with reception ideas (ongoing)
7) Help set up/decorate for reception (yep!)


The bride asked my mom, daughter, and me if we would help her get the reception hall ready. Of course, we said that we would. We kind of like to do that stuff. We have assured her that we will do all that we can to help make things look like she wants it to. I feel very strongly that the day is definitely "her" day and will do all I can to make it be just that.
Soooooo........for the next 35 days, I'll try not to be too annoying with my sappy, sentimental feelings about all of this. I said I'll try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home